- Protecting the confidentiality of our customer information.
- How we gather information.
- The types of information we share, why and with whom.
- Opting Out – how to instruct us not to share certain information about you or not to contact you.
Protecting the confidentiality of our customer information:
We take our responsibility to protect the privacy and confidentiality of customer information very seriously. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to store and secure information about you from unauthorized access, alteration, and destruction. Our control policies, for example, authorize access to customer information only by individuals who need access to do their work.
From time to time, we enter into agreements with other companies to provides services to us or make products and services available to you. Under these agreements, the companies may receive information about you but they must safeguard this information, and they may not use it for any other purposes.
How We Gather Information:
As part of providing you with financial products or services, we may obtain information about you from the following sources:
- Applications, forms, and other information that you provide to us, whether in writing, in person, by telephone, electronically, or by any other means. This information may include your name, Social Security and taxpayer identification, address, employment information, income, and credit references;
- Your transaction with us, our affiliates, or others. This information may include your account balances, payment history, and account usage;
- Consumer reporting agencies. This information may include account information and information about your credit worthiness;
- Public sources. This information may include, employment records, telephone numbers, etc.
Information We Share:
We may disclose information we have on you as permitted by law. Where we are required to, we may provide information about you to third-parties without your consent, as permitted by law, such as:
- To regulatory authorities and law enforcement agencies.
- To protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, or other liability.
- To report account activity to credit bureaus.
- To consumer reporting agencies.
- To respond to a subpoena or court order, judicial process or regulatory authorities.
We may also provide information about you to our service providers to help us process your applications or service your accounts. Our service providers may include lenders, national credit bureaus, and auto dealers.
We may also share information about you within our corporate family of office(s). We may share all of the categories of information we gather about you, including identification information (such as your name and address), credit reports (such as your credit history), application information (such as your income or credit references), your account transactions and experiences with us (such as your payment history), and information from other parties (such as your employment history).
You may prohibit sharing of application and third-party credit-related information within our company or any third-party company at any time. If you would like to limit disclosures of personal information about you as described by this notice, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org